Guarded by the colossal Kanchenjunga, the third highest mountain in the world, Sikkim is the idyllic Himalayan escape.Finding inner peace in Sikkim’s ethereal monasteries (with their ornate prayer wheels) and charming landscapes is inevitable. With flower-clad mountain valleys and waterfalls, snow-fed lakes and hot springs, forests teeming with wildlife, stupendous religious and cultural centers, the state is a perfect destination to explore with your family.
Unarguably one of the most beautiful places in India, travelling to Sikkim is a delight because the people are sweet and warm and the monasteries and ropeways are a delight for the kids. So here’s a six day and five night Sikkim itinerary to help you discover its many magical wonders. The hills here are always alive with the sound of music!
- 30th October – 06th November 2022
- 27th November – 04th December 2022
Bagdogra Airport to Gangtok (125 Kms | 4 Hours)
Upon arrival at the Bagdogra Airport, our representative will meet you and get you transferred to Gangtok. Once you reach Gangtok, check-in to the hotel. Rest of the evening Overnight at Gangtok hotel.
Gangtok Local Sightseeing: Tsongmo Lake | Baba Mandir | Nathu La
After breakfast in the morning, you will leave for a visit to the famous Tsongmo Lake. Shaped like an oval, the lake is located 40 km away from the city of Gangtok and has an elevation of about 3,780 m above sea level. Apart from its breathtaking scenic beauty, the lake is also famous for housing the Brahminy Ducks and many other migratory birds. Following this will be a visit to the shrine of the famous Baba Harbhajan Singh, a war hero. The shrine is popularly called the Baba Mandir. After this experience, you will return to Gangtok on the way visit Ganesh Tok, Hanuman Tok through which you can witness the entire valley view and Gangtok city. After this experience, you will return to Gangtok. Overnight at Gangtok Hotel.
Gangtok to Lachen (118 Kms | 6 hours)
Drive to Lachen (9500ft), a village surrounded by snow-capped peaks and beautiful alpine meadows via Chungthang, another quiet and picturesque hamlet on the higher Himalayas famous for its proximity to the Kanchenjunga National park. Chungthang is a sub-divisional town and the gateway to Northern Sikkim. Also, visit Singhik view point, naga falls falling on the way. Arrive at the beautiful Lachen and check-in to your hotel. Overnight at Lachen Hotel.
Lachen – Gurudongmar Lake (40 km each side) – Lachung (44 km/2 hours)
The day starts pretty early as you take your breakfast at Thangu(try their local salt tea) and make your way through the Kanchenjunga National park. You will be arriving at the scenic Gurudongmar Lake and after spending an amazing time at the glacial lake, you will return to Lachen for transfer to Lachung. Arrive at Lachung and check-in to the hotel. Overnight at lachung Hotel.
Lachung – Yumthang Valley (26 km/1.5 hours) – Gangtok (130 km/4 to 5 hours)
Early Morning after breakfast, you will be visiting Yumthang valley also known as Valley of Flowers. Located at a height of approx. 11,800 ft above sea level. Yumthang is located some 26 km away from Lachung. Where the tree line ends, the valley erupts in multi-colored meadows of flowers of Primula, Rhododendron, other alpine flowers. Later drive back to gangtok visit famous lal bazar and M.G market. Overnight at Gangtok hotel.
Gangtok – Namchi Sightseeing – Pelling
Early morning post breakfast leave for Namchi local sightseeing. visit Siddheshvara dham temple, Namchi monestry, and the holy tallest statue of Guru Padmasambhava and visit Buddha park in ravangla then transfer to hotel in Pelling.
Pelling Local Sight
Early morning post breakfast leave for local sightseeing starting from khecheopalri lake, which is one of the most holy Buddhist lake & it is to be believed that any wish in front of the lake comes true – myth is that when a leaf fall on the placid clear water surface, it is picked by a bird & thus the water surface is always free of leaves, visit Kanchenjunga waterfall and now the most excited place of all India’s first sky walk, walk on the glass on a height, yes we spend sufficient time at the sky walk click pictures njoy the view from the top and then visit orange garden, rambi waterfall, Darap valley, Darap Suba Village and later in the evening have our dinner and stroll around helipad and market. Overnight at Pelling.
Pelling – Bagdogra Airport.
After your breakfast this morning, you will leave for Bagdogra Airport (IXB) Return with lots of memories.
General Terms & conditions:
- Itinerary is subject to change without prior notice.
- Organizers reserve full rights to claim any additional expenses due to delay/breakdown of buses / Rail / Strike /war / Riot / Natural Calamities.
- In case of damage whatsoever done by the participants, cost of the same will be borne by Him/Her.
- The organizers will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
- Please carry a valid ID proof along with you.
- No refunds on purchased ticket are possible, even in case of any rescheduling.
- Security procedures, including frisking remain the right of the management.
- No dangerous or potentially hazardous objects including but not limited to weapons, knives, guns, fireworks, helmets, lazer devices, bottles, musical instruments will be allowed in the venue and may be ejected with or without the owner from the venue.
- The sponsors/performers/organizers are not responsible for any injury or damage occurring due to the event. Any claims regarding the same would be settled in courts in Mumbai.
- People in an inebriated state may not be allowed entry.
- Venue rules apply.
- Magnificent View of Dudhsagar Waterfall
- 12 kms walk through Railway track with Beautiful Nature
- Train passes through a fall, Memorable for Photography
- Famous spot in Chennai Express Movie
- India’s fifth tallest waterfall and is 227th in the world at 310 m.
Pvt vehicle as per trip itinerary, inclusive of pick up from Bagdogra airport and drop.
Breakfast & Dinner during the trip.
Accommodation on Sharing basis in comfortable and convenient Hotels.
All interline permits and Entry fees of all sightseeing places to be visited from inside.
Experienced T3WR Ranger will be allocated and will be with group during the entire duration of trip.
To and fro Air or Rail fare till Bagdogra & return.
Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, bed tea, any joy ride, sightseeing which are not in the itinerary.
Anything that is not mentioned in the inclusion.